- Flower nameGolden lily
- Scientific nameLilium lancifolium var. flaviflorum
- AliasLilium lancifolium, 黄金鬼百合
- Place of originendemic to Tsushima in Japan
- Place of floweringSpecific area
- Flowering seasonJuly, August
What is Golden lily
Golden lily or golden oni yuri(Scientific name: Lilium lancifolium var. flaviflorum) is a large bulbous plant native to Japan (endemic to Tsushima) and belongs to the family Liliaceae. It is a variant of Lilium lancifolium or oni yuri (scientific name: Lilium lancifolium). In summer, it has red spots all over the yellow ground. The petals are bent backwards.
Common name: Golden lily, Scientific name: Lilium lancifolium var. flaviflorum, Leaf shape: lanceolate, Inflorescence: alternate, Leaf margin: full border, Inflorescence: commensal, Corolla: hundred Flowering period: July-August; flower color: reddish brown on yellow; petiole length: 7-10 cm; flower diameter: 10 cm.