- Flower nameRibes uva-crispa
- Scientific nameRibes uva-crispa
- AliasRibes, Ribes reclinatum, gooseberry, European gooseberry
- Place of originEurope
- Place of floweringPotted flower
- Flowering seasonMay, June
What is Ribes uva-crispa
Ribes uva-crispa, (Scientific name: Ribes uva-crispa) is a deciduous shrub of the genus Ribes in the family Grossulariaceae, native to Europe. It grows up to 1.5 meters tall. The translucent, spherical fruits, which appear in early summer, are eaten fresh or used to make jams, wines, and drinks, and are also used as an ornamental plant.
Common name: Ribes uva-crispa, Scientific name: Ribes uva-crispa, aka: Gooseberry, European gooseberry, Leaf inflorescence: alternate, leaf shape: palmate, corolla shape: bell-shaped; flowering season: May-June; fruit season: July-August; fruit type: liquid fruit; fruit diameter: 1.4 cm; fruit shape: globose; fruit color: green.