- Flower nameWhite horehound
- Scientific nameMarrubium vulgare
- AliasCommon horehound, 苦薄荷, White horehound, Horehound
- Place of originEurope, Western Asia and North Africa
- Place of floweringGarden
- Flowering seasonJune, July, August
What is White horehound
White horehound , scientific name:Marrubium vulgare , is a perennial herbs of the Lamiaceae genus Marrubium native to Europe, Western Asia and North Africa. It lets florets of the small white lips form which the peppermint smell make in summer bloom. It includes alkaloids and diterpene, a flavonoid, volatile oil, and it is said that a cough medicine, inappetence, a choler disorder have an effect.
Generic name: White horehound, scientific name:Marrubium vulgare, aka: horehound, horehound,horehound Common, Habitat: Europe, West Asia, North Africa Environment: dry zone height: 50 cm flowering: 6-8 months Flower: White Star: lip-type characteristics: Minty odor breeding methods: breeds, planting seeds.