- Flower nameWhirling Butterflies
- Scientific nameOenothera lindheimeri
- Aliasヤマモモソウ, Gaura, 山桃草, ハクチョウソウ, Whirling Butterflies, ワーリング・バタフライズ, リンドハイメリ, lindheimeri, 白蝶草
- Place of originNorth America
- Place of floweringGarden
- Flowering seasonMay, June, July, August, September, October, November
What is Whirling Butterflies
Gaula, scientific name:Oenothera lindheimeri, is a hardy perennial of the genus oenothera ,of the department onagraceae native to North America, . Previous scientific name was Gaura lindheimeri. Early summer-autumn, spikes or racemes of white or pale pink small four-valve flowers bloom. Notable long stamens. Hakcholsou (white grass), pink-flowered cultivars are also called yamamomosou (Madroño grass) white flower varieties.
Growing spindly stems can do in the wild, but the turbulence that we often see wearing less moist, so strapped.
Generic name: Gaula, scientific name:Oenothera lindheimeri, former scientific name:Gaura lindheimeri, aka: lindheimeri, yamamomosou (pink flower, Madroño grass) and hakcholsou (White Butterfly: white flower), Whirling Butterflies ( Whirling butterflies), origin: North America, height: 50-150 cm, leaves: spear-shaped-narrow-lanceolate, leaf margin: sawtooth stock, flowering time: from May to November , petals: 4, size: 2-3 cm,Flower color: white, pale pink, red