- Flower namePrimula obconica
- Scientific namePrimula obconica
- Aliasトキワザクラ, シキザキサクラソウ, 四季咲き桜草, 常磐桜, プリムラ, Primula, オブコニカ
- Place of origingardening variety , (Western China, Himalaya)
- Place of floweringGarden, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonJanuary, February, March, April, December
- Language of flowersA modest man
What is Primula obconica
Primula obconica (P. obconica, scientific name: Primula obconica) is a gardening variety of "Primula" of Primulaceae family originated from the western part of China to Himalayan. In Japanese name, it is called Tokiwa-zakura. It is one of Primula 's representative gardening varieties with Primula Poliansa (scientific name: Primula polyantha) is one of Primula's representative gardening varieties.. Leaves are round and wrinkles enter. The flower stem is long, the inflorescence extends from the tip of the flower stalk, and as Primula, many large flowers bloom. The disadvantage is that it is weak against cold, and it contains primin which gets fogged when touched. Today, a variant called 'touch me' that does not contain primin is being developed.
Common name: Primula obconica, Scientific name: Primula obconica, Place of origin: Gardening variety, original species is western China to Himalaya, life type: evergreen perennial plant, plant length: 20 to 40 cm, flower stem length: 10 to 20 cm, flower diameter: 3 to 6 cm, flower season: flowers period: December to April, flower color.