- Flower namePrunella grandiflora
- Scientific namePrunella grandiflora
- AliasPrunella, Prunella grandiflora, プルネラ グランディフロラ, Large self-heal, オオバナウツボグサ
- Place of originEurope and Asia Minor
- Place of floweringPotted flower
- Flowering seasonJune, July, August, September
What is Prunella grandiflora
Prunella grandiflora or large-flowered selfhea (Prunella grandiflora) is an evergreen perennial herb belonging to the family Lamiaceae native to Europe and Asia Minor. In its native habitat, it grows in grasslands and forest edges. It is similar to Prunella vulgaris asiatica (utsubo-gusa, (scientific name: P. vulgaris subsp. asiatica), but is larger overall than them. Also, while the flower color of P. vulgaris asiatica is reddish purple, the flowers of Prunella grandiflora is pink, reddish purple, or white.
Common name: Prunella grandiflora, scientific name: Prunella grandiflora, aka: Large self-heal, L. grandiflora, Type of life: evergreen perennial herb, Leaf shape: elliptic, leaf inflorescence: opposite, Flowering season: June to September, Flower diameter: 3 cm, Flowering season: June to September, Flower diameter: 3 cm, Uses: Potted plants, garden plants, ground cover, hemostatic.