- Flower namePrunus mume 'Inshibai'
- Scientific namePrunus mume 'Inshibai'
- Aliasウメ, 梅, インシバイ, Prunus mume 'Inshibai', Inshibai
- Place of origincultivated kind
- Place of floweringGarden, Botanical Gardens
- Flowering seasonFebruary, March
What is Prunus mume 'Inshibai'
Prunus mume 'Inshibai' is a yabai-kei tree native to China and is also known as "red plum" . The quality of the fruit is excellent, and in the past it was considered a tribute to the emperor. The skin of the fruit is green at first, becomes slightly red when half-ripe, and turns bright red when fully ripe. The fruit is large, with a fresh surface, thick flesh and small seeds, and the juice is thick and not too sweet or sour. In Chinese, "Chinese sucker" means rouge (red).
Common name: Prunus mume 'Inshibai' , scientific name: Prunus mume 'Inshibai', petal color: peach, skin color: red, ripening period: May-June.