- Flower nameSweet pea
- Scientific nameLathyrus odoratus
- Aliasカオリエンドウ, 香豌豆, ジャコウレンリソウ, 麝香連理草, ジャコウエンドウ, 麝香豌豆, Sweet pea, Lathyrus odoratus, スイトピー
- Place of originSicily island (Italy)
- Place of floweringGarden, Cut flowers, flower arrangement, Botanical Gardens, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonApril, May, June, July
- Language of flowersdeparture
What is Sweet pea
Sweet pea (Sweet pea, scientific name: Lathyrus odoratus) is native to Sicily (Italy), and is an annual plant in the family Fabaceae. A perennial variety is Lathyrus latifolius. Flowers are similar to pea . The leaves are winged compound leaves, but the small leaves leave one pair at the bottom and the others become rolled sweet potato. It is necessary to support the pillars because it is a crawling inertia. The hook is in the shape of a bell and has five split tips. It is mainly admired flowers. Although it is a leguminous plant, beans are not edible, but rather can be harmful and cause spastic paralysis if ingested. The flower is fragrant.
General name: Sweet pea, Scientific name: Lathyrus odoratus, Origin: Sicily Island (Italy), Plant height: 30 (dwarf non-dwarf)- 200 (high sexual fertility) cm, stem: winged, leaf shape: winged compound leaf, but leaving two sheets and becoming curled, phylogeny: alternation, leaflet: oval, flower stem's length: 20 cm, flower diameter: 4 to 5 cm, flower color: peach, red, white, purple, blue, flowering period: year-round (full bloom, April to July),note : All grass poisoning, especially beans are inedible.