- Flower nameCamellia Satsuma
- Scientific nameCamellia japonica 'satsuma'
- AliasCamellia japonica 'Satsuma', つばき
- Place of originKagoshima
- Place of floweringGarden, Cut flowers, flower arrangement, Botanical Gardens, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonFebruary, March, April
What is Camellia Satsuma
Camellia Satsuma (Scientific name: Camellia japonica 'Satsuma') is a cold-resistant evergreen medium shrub of the Theaceae family. In 1973, the "Kagoshima Biological Hobby Society" announced it. It is a spring-flowering variety, and the flowers are pure white, full-fledged and large flowers.
Tree height: 2 to 4 m, tree width: 1.5 to 2 m, tree figure: standing, leaf shape: oval, phylogenia: opposite, flower color: pure white, flower form: thousand-ring blooming, flower diameter: Large flower (9-12 cm), flowering time: February to April (spring flowering), Origin: Kagoshima Prefecture, Application: Garden plant, potted plant, cut flower, single flower cut, tea flower.