Natiolnal Flower of aiwan,
- Flower namePrunus 'minarishidare'
- Scientific namePrunus mume 'minarishidare'
- Alias実成枝, Minarishidare
- Place of origincultivated varieties
- Place of floweringGarden, Cut flowers, flower arrangement, Horticultural species, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonFebruary, March
What is Prunus 'minarishidare'
Prunus 'Minarishidare' (Scientific name: Prunus mume 'Minarishidare') is one of the cultivated varieties of Japanese apricot. It has medium-sized, single-flowered, white flowers of the wild plum type. It produces many spiny twigs. The flowers have a strong fragrance.
Common name: Prunus 'Minarishidare', Scientific name: Prunus mume 'Minarishidare', Life style: Deciduous broad-leaved shrub, Place of origin: Cultivated, Tree height: 3-6 m, Leaf shape: Oval, Leaf inflorescence: Alternate, Flowering season: February to March, Flower diameter: 2-2.5 cm, Uses: Garden tree, Plum tree, Bonsai.