- Flower namePrunus mume 'Syou-Ryokugaku'
- Scientific namePrunus mume 'Syou-Ryokugaku'
- Alias梅, 小緑萼, 緑萼, Ryokugaku', Prunus mume
- Place of originHorticultural Varieties
- Place of floweringGarden, Botanical Gardens, Park, Bonsai
- Flowering seasonFebruary, March
What is Prunus mume 'Syou-Ryokugaku'
Prunus mume 'Syou-Ryokugaku' is a classic variety of ume that originated in China and was introduced to Japan in the Edo period. The sepals supporting the petals are green, the petals are white, and the twigs are green. The branches are dark brown, with other yellow stamens, a light green core, and an aromatic fragrance, and the buds are light green and densely attached to the branches.
The genus name "Prunus" is "plum", the species name: "mume" is "plum".
Common name: Prunus mume 'Syou-Ryokugaku', flower color: white, double multi- flowers, diameter: 2 cm, small flowers, young branches are green, sepals are also green, flowering season: early February to early March.