- Flower namePrunus mume 'yae-kankou'
- Scientific namePrunus mume 'yae-kankou'
- Alias梅, ウメ, ume, Prunus mume, 八重, ヤエカンコウ
- Place of originChina (cultivated kind)
- Place of floweringGarden, Botanical Gardens, Park, Horticultural species, Bonsai
- Flowering seasonJanuary, February, December
What is Prunus mume 'yae-kankou'
Prunus mume ''yae-kankou'' (Japanese apricot) is a single-, red-flowered-, medium-flowered, early-flowering variety that blooms from January to February and is used for New Year's decorations. The single-flowered variety is called "Hitoe-Kankou".