- Flower namePyrrosia hastata
- Scientific namePyrrosia hastate
- Alias岩沢瀉, Pyrrosia hastate
- Place of originJapan and Korea
- Place of floweringOrnamental plants
- Flowering season
What is Pyrrosia hastata
Pyrrosia hastata( Scientific name: Pyrrosia hastata) is an evergreen perennial epiphytic fern in the family Polypodiaceae, native to Japan and Korea. It grows wild on damp trunks and rocks in the mountains and fields. It has spear-shaped leaves. As a fern, it does not produce flowers but has spore-caps on the underside of its leaves. The sporangia are yellow on the young leaves and black on the old leaves.
Common name:Pyrrosia hastata, Scientific name: Pyrrosia hastata ,leaf shape: spear-shaped, leaf length: 5-15 cm, leaf width: 3-12 cm, leaf margin: full margin.