- Flower nameOh-murasaki Tsutsuji
- Scientific nameRhododendron pulchrum cv. oh-murasaki
- Alias大紫, Oh-murasaki, Rhododendron pulchrum, ツツジ
- Place of originJapan
- Place of floweringGarden, Botanical Gardens, Cemetery & Temple, Park, Horticultural species, Potted flower, Streets, Planting
- Flowering seasonApril, May
What is Oh-murasaki Tsutsuji
Oh-murasaki Tsutsuji(scientific name: Rhododendron pulchrum cv. Oh-murasaki) is a hydrangea orchid cultivar, and in the spring red purple big flowers bloom. Oh-murasaki means a large purple flower in Japanese.There are many varieties, Akebono etc. with a pinkish white marker instead of branches.
Generic name: Oh-murasaki Tsutsuji, Scientific name: Rhododendron pulchrum cv. Ohmurasaki, aka: Oomurasaki ,Oh-murasaki, Place of Origin: Horticultural Varieties, Life Type: Deciduous Broad Leaves Shrub, Tree Height: 1 to 3 m, Leaves Quality: Hairy and Rugged, Tombs: Knitting needle shape, Leaf height: 5 to 8 cm, Leaf width: 2 cm, Leaf margin: all edges, leaves: alternate, radial symmetric flowers, joint flowers, flower size: 7 - 8 cm, flower shape: funnel shape, tip is 5 deep, flowering period: April to May, flower color: red · White · peach, flower shape: single, fruit type: fruit.