- Flower namestarrush whitetop
- Scientific nameRhynchospora colorata
- Alias白鷺蚊張吊, シューティーングスター, スターグラス, starrush whitetop, white star sedge, white-topped sedge
- Place of originSoutheastern North America
- Place of floweringRiver, pond
- Flowering seasonJuly, August, September, October
What is starrush whitetop
Starrush whitetop, scientific name:Rhynchospora, is an evergreen perennial sedge of the Cyperaceae Department of the Rhynchospora genus native to Southeastern North America. Give the white bracts narrow inflorescence which resemble Hangeshow. Stem branches. In the vicinity of the Green stalk with flowers white slender leaves are cool. Flowers, 1 flower-is a spikelet consisting of numerous flowers (apikelet, spicule) a unit of double spikes (spike compound). White bracts that look like flowers. The actual flower is pale yellow in the center of the small. Petals have overlapping scales form the spikelets in sober, does not stand out.
Common name: Starrush whitetop, scientific name:Rhynchospora colorata, also known as: white star sedge, white-topped sedge, shooting star, star glass, origin: Southeastern North America, environment: water, life type: Evergreen perennial, height: 30-50 cm, inflorescence: spikelets comprising double spikes, Flowering period: July-October, bract color: white, flower color: pale yellow, hermaphrodite flowers.