- Flower nameLavender cotton
- Scientific nameSantlina chamaecyparissus
- Aliasワタスギギク, Santlina, 綿杉菊, Lavender cotton
- Place of originSouthern Europe's Mediterranean coast
- Place of floweringGarden, Botanical Gardens, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonMay, June, July, August, September
What is Lavender cotton
Lavender cotton (sciencific name:Santlina chamaecyparissus) is a cold-resistant evergreen shrub of the family Asteraceae. Cedar leaves with silver gray hair grow densely are popular. From early summer to autumn, small yellow round flowers are bloom sparsely.
General name:Santlina, Scientific name: Santlina chamaecyparissus, aka: Watasugi giku (cotton cedar chrysanthemum), lavender cotton, origin: Southern European Mediterranean coast, Living type: cold tolerance evergreen shrub, tree height: 30 to 50 cm, leaf color: grayish gray, leaf shape: cedaroid, flower color: yellow, flower shape: spherical tubular flower only, no tongue flowers, Flower season: May to September, flower diameter: 1 to 2 cm, use: flower bed, potted plant, dried insecticide.