- Flower nameSenecio cineraria
- Scientific nameSenecio cineraria
- AliasDusty miller, ダスティーミラー, セネシオ・シネラリア
- Place of originMediterranean
- Place of floweringGarden, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonJanuary, February, March, April, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
What is Senecio cineraria
Senecio cineraria , called as Shirotaegiku (scientific name: Senecio cineraria) is a Mediterranean native and is a cold tolerant evergreen perennial plant of the family Asteraceae. The leaves are green, but the white hairs are dense on the surface and look silver white. As foliage plants, silver leaves with a deep cut than flowers are admired. Leaves can be admired year-round, so it is useful for veranda cultivation from autumn to winter with few flowers. In early summer, the stalks extend about 60 cm, and the inflorescences are released from the tip, and many small yellow chrysanthemum flowers bloom. Because the young seedlings are beautiful, they are treated as annual grass.
Common name: Senecio cineraria, scientific name: Senecio cineraria , also known as: Dusty miller, origin: Mediterranean, height: 10-60 cm, leaf, feather, leaf color: Green grows the silver feather, flower: yellow, leaf color: silver, flowering period: June-August, foliage viewing season: anniversary.