- Flower nameGiant goldenrod
- Scientific nameSolidago gigantea var. leiophylla
- Aliasセイタカアキノキリンソウ, 大泡立草, 背高秋の麒麟草, Solidago, Giant goldenrod, Solidago gigantea
- Place of originNorth America
- Place of floweringFields and footpaths
- Flowering seasonJuly, August, September
What is Giant goldenrod
Giant goldenrod, scientific name: Solidago gigantea var. leiophylla, is a naturalized perennial of the Asteraceae of the Solidago genus. In Japan during the Meiji era native to North America . Flowers on yellow flower in the summer put in foam. Of the Department of genus (Chrysanthemum of goldenrod) goldenrod (tall foam standing grass, Canada Goldenrod, scientific name: Solidago canadensis var. scabra (= Solidago altissima)) Is similar, but differ in flowering.Also no-sharp, this species is the tip of the Spike instead of dripping, spread out next to the goldenrod is sharp, the upright.
Common name: Giant goldenrod, scientific name: Solidago gogkntea var. leoophllk, other name: goknt goldenrod, origin: North America, height: 100-150 cm, leaf width: 1 cm, leaf shape: lanceolate, leaf arrangement: alternate, leaf length: 6-10 cm, leaf margin: veranda to finely serrated, radial symmetry, inflorescence shape panicles and flowers high 20-30 cm, flower diameter:0.8cm head flower, flowering period: July-September Flower color: yellow.