- Flower nameCircumpolar starwort
- Scientific nameStellaraia ruscifolia
- Aliasネムロハコベ, 色丹繁縷, Circumpolar starwort, 根室繁縷
- Place of originJapan and Alaska
- Place of floweringHigh mountain, Sub-alpine, Hokkaido
- Flowering seasonMay, June, July
What is Circumpolar starwort
Circumpolar starwort or Shikotan hakobe (scientific name:Stellaraia ruscifolia) is a perennial herb of the genus Stellaria Department Caryophyllaceae native Alaska and Japan from Hokkaido to Honshu .
Blooming in the sand and gravel of the high mountains.
Japanese name is on that was first discovered in the Shikotan island.
The center of each petal of the five-petaled 2 deep-lobed green-white flowers bloom in the shoot apex. Anthers are red.
Common name: Circumpolar starwort, scientific name:Stellaraia ruscifo , aka: Nnemlohacobe ,
Habitat: Hokkaido-gravels of Central Honshu Japan, Alaska, and environment: high mountain, height: 10-20 cm,
leaf shape: oval-broad lanceolate, leaf arrangement: alternate,
the flowering period: May-July, flower color: green-white, petals: 5, flower diameter:1.5 - 2cm, anther color: red,
use: rock garden, potted plants.