- Flower nameSymphoricarpos albus
- Scientific nameSymphoricarpos albus
- AliasSymphoricarpos, 雪晃木, シラタマヒョウタンボク, Symphoricarpos albus, スノーベリー, snow berry, シンフォリカルポス, 白玉瓢箪木
- Place of originCanada
- Place of floweringGarden, Bonsai, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonJuly, August
What is Symphoricarpos albus
Symphoricarpos albus, aka: common snowberry or Sekkoboku ( scientific name: Symphonicarpos albus) is native to Canada and is a deciduous shrub belonging to the family Caprifoliaceae. In summer, the inflorescence extends from the axillary to bloom up to 16 unique pink bell-shaped florets. Each floret has a small toothed sepal. From autumn to winter, small white spherical fruits become tufted. The flower name comes from the beautiful white jade.
Common name: Symphonicarpo, Scientific name: Symphoricarpos albusm, aka: Sekkoboku, Snow berry, height: 100-200 cm, leaf shape: oval, leaf length: 5 cm, inflorescence shape, flower color: pink, flower diameter: 1 cm, corolla shape: bell 4-5 split at the tip, flowering period: July-August, fruit type: stone fruit, seeds: 2, fruit color: white, fruit shape: sphere, note: trees and fruits to humans Toxic.