- Flower nameFrench marigold
- Scientific nameTagetes patula
- AliasFrench marigold, クジャクソウ, コウオウソウ, マンジュギク, 紅黄草, 万寿菊, タゲテス パツラ, マリーゴールド
- Place of originMexico
- Place of floweringGarden, Botanical Gardens
- Flowering seasonJune, July, August, September, October
- Language of flowersAlways be by your side
What is French marigold
French marigold (Scientific name: Tagetes patula) is native to Mexico and is an evergreen annual grass of the Asteraceae family. Along with African marigold (Scientific name: Tagetes erecta), it is one of the representative ornamental varieties of Marigold (Scientific name: Tagetes). It is native to Mexico (T. patula) and its modified varieties, even French and Mexican. It is cultivated in the French royal family and depends on being spread from Paris. Edible flower to be edible, useful as companion plants to kill nematodes in the field. The flower language is "Always be by your side."
Generic name: French marigold, Scientific name: Tagetes patula, Place of origin: Mexico,Living type: Annual grass, plant height: 20 to 50 cm, leaf shape: feathery compound leaves, leaf shape: linear, leaves: alternate, leaves Flower color: 3 ~ 6 cm, flower blooming style: single / double · blooming, flowering period: June - October, Remarks: Pattern of native Mexico (T. patula) and its improved varieties, the origin of the name: From Paris in France.