- Flower nameIndonesian wax ginger
- Scientific nameTapeinochilus ananassae
- AliasIndonesian wax ginger, Tapeinochilus ananassae, 松毬ジンジャー, インドネシアン・ジンジャー
- Place of originIndonesia, Malaysia
- Place of floweringSubtropical region
- Flowering seasonAugust
What is Indonesian wax ginger
Indonesian wax Ginger (scientific name:Tapeinochilos ananassae) is a perennial herb of the costus family. Rhizome is well developed. Looks like a pinecone (matsukasa) is the overlapping bracts and flowers. Real flowers from the bracts little as is. It is the yellow small things have come up.The bracts color red is the main, Orange, peach, and white there.
Common name: Indonesian wax Ginger, scientific name:Tapeinochilos ananassae, also known as: Picasa Ginger , spiral ginger, tapeinokirus hananassae, origin: Indonesia, Malaysia, flower: summer.