- Flower namehatsuyuki kazura
- Scientific nameTrachelospermum asiaticum ‘hatsuyukikazura’
- Place of originJapan and the Korean Peninsula
- Place of floweringGarden, Park
- Flowering seasonMay, June
What is hatsuyuki kazura
Hatsuyuki kazura (scientific name: Trachelospermum asiaticum cv. hatsuyukikazura) is a cold-tolerant, crawling, vining, evergreen shrub in the family Apocynaceae, native to Japan and the Korean Peninsula. It is a horticultural variety of the Asian jasmine ( scientific name:Trachelospermum asiaticum) . It has spotted leaves and similar white flowers. It prefers half-shade. The leaves turn pink or white and are suitable for use as a coloured leaf groundcover.
Common name: Hatsuyuki kazura, Scientific name: Trachelospermum asiaticum cv. Hatsuyukikazura, vine length: 50-300 cm, flower color: white, flower diameter: 3 cm, flowering season: May-June.