- Flower nameTrichosanthes kirilowii
- Scientific nameTrichosanthes kirilowii var. japonica
- Place of originJapan
- Place of floweringFields and footpaths
- Flowering seasonJune, July, August, September
What is Trichosanthes kirilowii
Trichosanthes kirilowii (scientific name: Trichosanthes kirilowii var. japonica) is endemic to Japan and is a perennial vine of the cucurbitaceae family.
It is dioecism and lengthen raceme from a flower stalk, and a thin string of the laciness appears a lot from the tip of each petal which the flower tube tip of the high cup form corolla made a 3-5 incision. Fruit and a tuberous root are considered to be a crude drug. Difference between Trichosanthes kirilowii andTrichosanthes(scientific name:Trichosanthes cucumeroides) is below.
(1) Fluit of trichosanthes kirilowii is yellow and ones of trichosanthes trichosanthes kirilowii is red.
(2) Trichosanthes kirilowii leaves are very rounded and smooth ,but trichosanthes leaves are sharp with hairs on the surface and similar to the morning glory's leaves .
(3)Trichosanthes kirilowii let bloom flower from night until early in the morning, but trichosanthes are not untill morning.
General name: trichosanthes kirilowii, Scientific name: Trichosanthes kirilowii var. japonica,
also known as: masakinokazra (Masaki genuine vine, vine true disassembly),Origin: Japan,vine length: 300 cm, leaf shape: heart-shaped, leaf margin: gradually, leaf: 15 cm, dioecious, flowers: racemes, calyx length: 3 cm, Corolla diameter: 5-10 cm, squeezing: sake vessel pedicel Tip 3-5 deep crack and petal tip to the lace-like thread narrow cleft and grow. Flowering period: from June in September, flower: white → pale yellow (color changes over time), the number of stamens: 3, fruit color: yellow, fruit length: 7-8 cm, seed shape: oval-shaped flat, flesh:edible, seed colors: black, seed long:1~1.2cm, uses: herbal medicine-tuberous Caro con (multiple roots), seed's strangulation Lou Jin (carownin).