- Flower nameWhite powder puff
- Scientific nameCalliandra haematocephala 'alba'
- Aliasパウダーパフ, White powederpuff, シロバナオオベニゴウガン, Powederpuff, 白花大紅合歓, ホワイトパウダーパフ, オオベニゴウガン, カリアンドラ
- Place of originGarden variety
- Place of floweringGreenhouse, Subtropical region, Horticultural species
- Flowering seasonJanuary, February, March, April, May, December
- Language of flowersClear your mind
What is White powder puff
White Powder Puff (Scientific name: Calliandra haematocephala 'Alba') is a gardening variety of tropical evergreen shrubs of the family Fabaceae. White flowers like hemispherical cosmetic puffs bloom. What looks like this flower is an aggregate of stamen.
A white flower garden varieties of Red Powder Puff (Scientific name: Calliandra haematocephala) that is similarly blooming red flower is native to Bolivia. Although it is a different genus, it is similar to a Albizia julibrissin, it is a tree like a white nettle.
Common name: White Powederpuff , scientific name: Calliandra haematocephala 'Alba', origin: Bolivia, living type: tropical Evergreen broadleaf shrubs, height: 2-3 m, branches are well branched, tree next to the spread, even-pinnately compound leaves: leaf Small leaf:1.5 cm leaf length: oblong leaf arrangement: opposite leaf margin: entire, inflorescence shape: each tubular flower out of numerous white stamens, hemispherical to spherical flower heads formation, color: white, flowering: December-may, flower diameter: 8-10 cm, fruits: pods, fruit length: 5-10 cm, fruit color: green to grayish-brown