- Flower nameChiloschista
- Scientific nameChiloschista
- Alias無葉蘭, キロスキスタ, キロシスタ, チロシスタ, Chiloschista
- Place of originVietnam, India, Thailand and Australia
- Place of floweringGreenhouse, Botanical Gardens, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonJune, July, August, September
What is Chiloschista
Chiloschista or Chiloschista (scientific name: Chiloschista) is a leafless epiphytic orchid of the family Orchidaceae, native to Vietnam, India, Thailand and Australia. Nourishing photosynthesis with roots without leaves. From the short central rhizome, radially stretch green, flat photosynthetic roots. It is often spread on wooden boards with water.
There are varieties include parishii, lunifera, and viridiflava.
Generic name: Kirocista, Scientific name: Chiloschista, aka:starfish orchids, plant length 20-40 cm, stem: short, leaf : None, root color: green-white, flowering period: June to September.