- Flower nameCarthusian pink
- Scientific nameDianthus carthusianorum
- Aliasカルトゥジアン, Carthusian pink, Dianthus carthusianorum, ディアンツス・カルツシアノルム, ホソバナデシコ, 細葉撫子
- Place of originSwiss Alps and the Pyrenees
- Place of floweringHigh mountain, Botanical Gardens
- Flowering seasonMay, June, July, August
What is Carthusian pink
Carthusian pink(Scientific name: Dianthus carthusianorum) is a perennial plant of the family Caryophyllaceae native to the (sub) high mountains such as the Swiss Alps and the Pyrenees. It is also known as Hosobana desicos (leaf leaf gyoza) or the scientific name Dianthus carthusianorum.
In the summer, deep pink flowers bloom on the slender green stem tip. Make thin green leaves thick at the root.
General name: Carthusian pink, Scientific name: Dianthus carthusianorum, aka: Dianthus) Carthusianorum, Origin: European Alps, etc. Habitat: Subalpine lowland or grassland, living type: perennial, plant height: 30-50 cm, leaf color: yellowish green, leaf shape: elongated linear, phylogeny: opposite, flowering period: May to August, flower color: deep pink, number of petals: 5, petal edge: sawtooth.