- Flower nameDianthus japonicus
- Scientific nameDianthus japonicus
- AliasDianthus japonicus, 浜撫子, フジナデシコ
- Place of origin Japan and China
- Place of floweringGarden, Cut flowers, flower arrangement, Seashore, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonJune, July, August, September, October, November
What is Dianthus japonicus
Dianthus japonicus or Hama nadeshiko (Scientific name: Dianthus japonicus) is a perennial plant in the family Caryophyllaceae native to Japan and China. It grows naturally in the sandy soil along the coast of Honshu, Shikoku, Kyushu and Okinawa in Japan. It produces pink flowers in the summer and autumn.
General name: Dianthus japonicus,Scientific name: Dianthus japonicus, aka: Hama nadeshiko, Origin: Japan, China, Habitat distribution: Honshu-Shikoku, Kyushu, Okinawa, Environment: coastal sandy soil,plant height: 15-50 cm, Petiole:opposite, Leaf margins: hairs, Flowering period: June - November, Flower color: pink, Flower diameter: 1.5 cm, Use: Garden planting, cut flower.