- Flower namePersimmon 'Fuyu'
- Scientific nameDiospyros kaki 'fuyu'
- Alias富有柿, Persimmon, kaki, fuyu
- Place of origin Gifu Prefecture, inJapan
- Place of floweringOrchard
- Flowering seasonMay, June
What is Persimmon 'Fuyu'
Persimmon 'Fuyu' (scientific name: Diospyros kaki cv. Fuyu) is Persimmon (scientific name: Diospyros kaki).
It is a perfect sweet and the best-selling variety in the supermarket. Made in Gifu Prefecture, based on Goshogaki. The fruits are rounded and well-shaped squares, and the orange peel is glossy and smooth. The pulp is orange, sweet and soft. The harvest season and season are from autumn to winter (October to December).