- Flower nameEichhornia crassipes
- Scientific nameEichhornia crassipes
- Alias布袋葵, ホテイソウ, 布袋草, ウオーター・ヒアシンス, water hyacinth
- Place of originAmazonian river basin of South America
- Place of floweringBotanical Gardens, Potted flower, River, pond, Rice paddies
- Flowering seasonJune, July, August, September
- Language of flowersLove fun
What is Eichhornia crassipes
Eichhornia crassipes , Water hyacinth (Mussium: Scientific name: Eichhornia crassipes) is native to the Amazonian river basin of South America and is a floating aquatic plant of the family Pontederiaceae. In the summer, light purple flowers come in bloom. The bulging petiole has become a floating sac. Because it is easy to breed widely, it may be a nuisance plant in the pond etc.
Common name: Eichhornia crassipes, Scientific name: Eichhornia crassipes, aka: Water hyacinth, Origin: Tropical America, Plant height: 20-40 cm, flowering time : June-September, flower color: light purple.