- Flower nameGibasis pellucida
- Scientific nameGibasis pellucida
- Aliasタヒチアン・ブライダルベール, Bridal veil, Tahitian bridal veil
- Place of originMexico
- Place of floweringGarden, Potted flower, Ornamental plants
- Flowering seasonApril, May, June, July, August, September, October
What is Gibasis pellucida
Gibasis pellucida or bridalveil (scientific name: Gibasis pellucida) is native to Mexico and is a semi-cold tolerant evergreen perennial of the family Commelinaceae. It grows tightly, but it is susceptible to steaming so it can be planted in a hanging pot or stand pot. The small leaves table is green and the foliage is purple. Rice grain large white flowers come into bloom, but close when the weather is bad or at night. The name of flower was reminiscent of a grass figure similar to the veil that the bride suffered. Tokiwa Tsukusa .
Common name: Bridal veil, Scientific name: Gibasis pellucida, aka Tahitian bridal veil, Origin: Mexico, plant height: 10 to 50 cm, flower color: white, flower size: 0.5 to 0.7 cm, flowering period: April to October.