- Flower nameSpring seven herbs
- Scientific nameHaruno nanakusa
- Alias春の七草, Spring seven herbs
- Place of originJapan
- Place of floweringRice paddies
- Flowering seasonJuly, August
- Language of flowersInnocence
What is Spring seven herbs
Spring seven herbs , Haruno Nanakusa refers to the seven kinds of flowers representing spring.
Gnaphalium affine (Gogyo or Hahakogusa),
Japanese radish (Suzushiro or Daikon),
Turnip (Kabu, Suzuna or turnip),
Stellaria media (Hakobe) ,
Capsella bursa-pastoris (Nazuna）,
Tabirako (Tabirako, or old hotokenoza.
Every January 7, we wish to have a disease-free healthy one year for us Japanese people to eat "seven gruel's porridge of spring" combined with these seven grasses with white rice.
Category name: Plantae angiosperm eudicots