- Flower nametropical white morning-glory
- Scientific nameIpomoea alba
- Alias夜顔, イポメア, アルバ, tropical white morning-glory, yorugao
- Place of originTropical America
- Place of floweringFields and footpaths
- Flowering seasonJuly, August, September, October
What is tropical white morning-glory
Tropical white morning-glory (scientific name: Ipomoea alba) is a viney perennial plant of the genus Ipomoea, of the family Convolvulaceae native to tropical America. It is a flower that blooms from summer to mid-autumn, from evening to next morning. It is white at the beginning of the flower bloom, and it becomes pink at the end of bloom.
Generic name: Tropical white morning-glory, Scientific name: Ipomoea alba, aka: Yorugao(Japanese), Ipomoea alba, Place of origin: Tropical America, height: 5-30 cm, leaf shape: grueling shape, leaf order: alternate, leaf margin: all edges, flower shape: funnel shape, flower color: white (beginning of blooming) → red Diameter: 5 - 15 cm, flowering period: July - October. Flower color: White (beginning of bloom) → Red (blooming finish), Flower diameter: 5 to 15 cm, flowering period: July to October, Fruiting period: September to November.