- Flower nameIxora duffii
- Scientific nameIxora duffii
- AliasGiant red ixora, Malay ixora, Ixora duffii, duffii, Ixora
- Place of originSumatra island
- Place of floweringSubtropical region
- Flowering seasonJanuary, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Language of flowersSolemn
What is Ixora duffii
Ixora duffii (scientific name: Ixora duffii) is a tropical evergreen shrub of the Rubiaceae family, from Sumatra Island. The leaves are large and wide, glossy and rounded. A large number of cruciform florets gathered in the scattering inflorescence bloom in a hemispherical shape. A member of SantaCa, big reddish flowers bloom than Ixora coccinea (scientific name: Ixora coccinea). The flower language is "dignity."
Common name: Ixora duffii, scientific name: Ixora duffii, aka: Giant red ixora, Malay ixora, origin: Sumatra Island, living type: evergreen shrub, tree height: 100 to 300 cm, leaf color: glossy dark green color, leaf shape: large wide oval shape · bevelled shape, leaf order: contraceptive, radial symmetry, inflorescence shape: scattered inflorescence, corolla : Flower color: bright red color, flowering period: anniversary (especially, May to August), flower diameter: 10 cm, flower exiting place : Shoot apex and axilla, fruit type: stone fruit, Note: toxic plants, uses: gardening, hedges, cut flowers.