- Flower namePincushion
- Scientific nameLeucospermum spp.
- AliasLeucospermum, Pincushion, レウコスベルマム, ピンクッション・プロテア, リューコスペルマム
- Place of originSouth Africa
- Place of floweringGarden, Cut flowers, flower arrangement, Botanical Gardens, Subtropical region, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonMarch, April, May, June, July, August, September
- Language of flowersTo anywhere
What is Pincushion
Pincushion , scientific name:Leucospermum spp. , is a tropical evergreen small shrubs of the genus Leucospermum of the family Proteaceae native to South Africa. As the name pincushion = needle stick, needle-shaped flowers bloom. Representative varieties include red pincushion protea (scientific name: Leucospermum cordifolium) and Hawaii Gold which yellow flowers bloom. Similar plants have Protea. It is the same family name, but the difference between them is that Protea is a Protea genus, while Pin cushion is Genus Leucospermum.
Common name: Pin cushion, Scientific name: Leucospermum spp., Aka: Leucospermum, pincushion protea, Classification name: Plant kingdom Angiospermum Dicotyledonous Plants Rhododendron sinensis Ligus sp. , Place of Origin: South Africa, Tree height: 50-500 cm, Leaf order: wheat, leaf margin: saw tooth presence, leaf shape: hover shape, flowering period: March to September in Japan, inflorescence form: cranial flowers, flower diameter: 10 -15 cm, Application: potted plant, gardening, cut flowers, dry flowers.