- Flower nameNymphaea micrantha_'murasakishikibu'
- Scientific nameNymphaea micrantha_cv. murasakishikibu
- Alias熱帯スイレン, 紫式部, 熱帯睡蓮, ムラサキシキブ
- Place of origin Japanese garden variety
- Place of floweringGreenhouse, Horticultural species
- Flowering seasonJuly, August, September, October
What is Nymphaea micrantha_'murasakishikibu'
Nymphaea micrantha_'murasakishikibu' or Tropical Water Lilies 'Murasakishikibu', (scientific name: Nymphaea micrantha_cv. murasakishikibu) is a tropical aquatic perennial of the water lily family, Nymphaeaceae, and is a Japanese garden variety of the micrantha group. The leaves are round to oval, 8 to 12 cm in diameter, and the flowers are 4 to 5 cm sepals with dark purple sepals and small flowers with white petals and purple margins.
Common name: Nymphaea micrantha_'murasakishikibu' or Tropical Water Lilies 'Murasakishikibu',, Scientific name: Nymphaea micrantha_cv. murasakishikibu, Life form: Cold hardy tropical water lily, Perennial herb, Day blooming aquatic plant, Environment: ponds and swamps, Origin: Japan Flowering season: July to October, Height: 30-50 cm, Floating leaf diameter: 8-12 cm, Floating leaf shape: round to oval, Leaf color: green, Flower diameter: 4-5 cm, Flower shape: cup-shaped, Flower color: purple, Day blooming season: July to October.