- Flower nameNewzyland Spinach
- Scientific nameTetragonia tetragonoides
- Aliasハマジシャ, 浜千舎, 蔓菜, Newzyland Spinaci, ハマナ
- Place of originNew Zealand, Australia and other Pacific countries
- Place of floweringSeashore
- Flowering seasonApril, May, June, July, August, September, October, November
What is Newzyland Spinach
New Zealand spinach(scientific name:Tetragonia tetragonoides) is a vine of the family aizoaceae succulent perennial herb native to Pacific countries such as Australia. It creeps and grows on the beach sand. young leaves are for vegetables.
In Sunshine Coast to fall from spring and yellow flowers (in so visible) bloom. Flowers inside are the green in yellow outside. However in fact no petals, calyx and look like flowers with sepals, four or five are.
Common name: New Zealand spinach , scientific name:Tetragonia tetragonoides , aka:Tsuruna , origin: New Zealand, Australia and other Pacific countries, Habitat: coast, Plant height: 30-60 cm, leaf length: 5-6 cm, leaf arrangement: alternate, leaf quality: fleshy, petiole: with, leaves or passes: diamond, both flowers, the ovary: backward, Petals: nothingness, Calyx color: yellow (inside), green (outer), sepals diameter:0.5cm, sepals number: 4-5 images, number of stamens, 10, flowering period: April to November,.