- Flower nameGreen Smoke
- Scientific nameNympheae cv. green smoke
- Aliasネッタイスイレン, 熱帯睡蓮, walter lily, Tropical water lily, 熱帯スイレン, green smoke
- Place of origingardening variety (United States)
- Place of floweringBotanical Gardens, Horticultural species, River, pond
- Flowering seasonJune, July, August, September, October
- Language of flowerssweet
What is Green Smoke
Tropical Water Lily 'Green Smoke' (scientific name: Nympheae cv. green smoke) is a dayflowering, tropical water lily cultivar bred in the United States in 1965.
The floating leaves have numerous reddish-purple spots. The petals are light yellow at the base and bluish purple at the tips. The flower gets its name from the semi-dark green color at the base of the petals when viewed in sunlight.
Common name: Tropical Water Lily 'Green Smoke', scientific name: Nympheae cv. green smoke, breeder: Martin E Randig (USA), breeding year: 1965, nature: tropical, plant: medium, leaf diameter: 23 cm, flowering season: July - October , Flowering time: daytime, Variety: Horticultural, Petal color: light yellow (base) with bluish purple (tip), Flower diameter: 12-15 cm, Stamens: numerous.