- Flower nameTropical water lily ' St. louis gold'
- Scientific nameNympheae sp.cv. st. louis gold
- AliasSt.Louis Gold, セントルイス ゴールド, Tropical water lily, 熱帯スイレン
- Place of origingardening variety
- Place of floweringGreenhouse, Botanical Gardens, River, pond
- Flowering seasonMay, June, July, August, September, October
- Language of flowerssweet
What is Tropical water lily ' St. louis gold'
Tropical Water Lilies 'St. louis gold' (Scientific name: Nympheae sp.cv. st. louis gold) is a tropical, day-blooming, yellow, small-medium flowered garden variety. This yellow-flowered cultivar was bred by George H Pring in 1956 from a cross between the original Salfreres and African Gold. The foliage has light reddish-brown patches, which disappear and turn green as the plant grows.
The tropical waterlily produces its flowers on stalks that grow several centimetres above the surface of the water.
Common name: Tropical Waterlily, St. Louis Gold,
Scientific name: Nympheae sp.cv. St. Louis Gold,
Breeder: George H Pring, Year of breeding: 1956,
Propagation: Tropical, Flowering time: Daytime,
Variety: Horticultural, Flower colour: Yellow, Flower size: Small,
Flowering Season: May-October, Flower Diameter: 3-20 cm.