- Flower namePrunus mume 'Benishidare'
- Scientific namePrunus mume 'Benishidare'
- Alias梅, ウメ, ume, Prunus mume, ベニシダレ, Prunus mume 'Benishidare'
- Place of origincultivated kind
- Place of floweringGarden, Orchard, Botanical Gardens, Park, Horticultural species, Bonsai
- Flowering seasonFebruary, March
What is Prunus mume 'Benishidare'
Prunus mume 'Benishidare' is a cultivar of Prunus mume, a small deciduous tree of the rose family Rosaceae. Flowering season is from February to March, with (semi-)double flowers, medium size (flower diameter: 2-2.5cm), red in color, of the flowering plum, scarlet plum type and scarlet plum nature.
Common name: Prunus mume 'Benishidare' is a cultivar of Prunus mume, Flower height: 3 to 6 m. Living type: small deciduous trees, Leaf shape: ovate, Leaf inflorescence: alternate, leaf margin: serrated, Flowering season: February to April, color: dark red, diameter: 2 to 2.5 cm (medium flower size), Staminode color: Red, Fruiting time: June, Fruit type: Nucleus, Fruit color: Yellow, Fruit shape: Spherical, Use: Plum ornamental and bonsai.