- Flower nameJjindai-akebono
- Scientific namePrunus x yedoensis 'jindai-akebono'
- Aliasサクラ, cherry tree, 神代曙
- Place of originJindai Botanical Garden in bred hybrids
- Place of floweringGarden, Park, Streets, Planting
- Flowering seasonMarch, April
What is Jjindai-akebono
Jjindai-akebono , Scientific name: Prunus yedoensis cv. Jindai-akebono , is one of the progenitors of the deciduous broad-leaved tree 'Sakura' (cherry tree) of the family rosaceae of the Cerasus department native to Japan. It is cultivated by yedoensis and other kind of cherry tree in the Jindaiji Botanical Garden Park. It inherits the nature of the parent and has the darker pink of the petal and contains different shades of the colour and is smaller than a Yoshino cherry tree.
Generic name: Jindai-akebono, Scientific name: Prunus yedoensis cv. Jindai-akebono , Floral size: medium flowerd , Floral color: pale pink , Blooming way : single- or double‐ flowered , Floral direction: upward , Anthesis: from March to April.
Please refer to this for the explanation about the Sakura(cherry tree).https://www.flower-db.com/ja/flower:1284