- Flower nameExbury Azalea
- Scientific nameRhododendron sanctum var. lasiogynum
- AliasRhododendron sanctum, Exbury Azalea
- Place of originhorticultural variety
- Place of floweringGarden, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonApril, May, June
What is Exbury Azalea
Exbury Azalea (Scientific name: Rhododendron sanctum var. Lasiogynum) is a horticultural variety,and is a cold-tolerant deciduous shrub of the azalea family Azalea. A horticultural hybrid bred at Exbury Garden in the UK. It is strong in cold regions such as Hokkaido. In the spring, the panicles extend from the axillary to make three to seven funnel-shaped flowers. Flower colors include vermilion, yellow, red, white, and pink.
Generic name: Exbury Azalea, scientific name: Rhododendron sanctum var. Lasiogynum,tree height: 1.5-2 m, flowering period: April- June, use: garden plant, potted plant.