- Flower nameSalvia officinalis 'purpurascens'
- Scientific nameSalvia officinalis 'purpurascens'
- Aliasヤクヨウサルビア, Salvia officinalis, 薬用サルビア, Purple sage, Purpurascens
- Place of originMediterranean coast
- Place of floweringGarden
- Flowering seasonMay, June, July
What is Salvia officinalis 'purpurascens'
Salvia officinalis 'purpurascens' (Scientific name: Salvia officinalis 'Purpurascens') is a variant of the cold-resistant evergreen small shrub or perennial herb "Common Sage" of the genus Perilla, originating from the Mediterranean coast. Leaf color is greenish. The genus "Salvia" comes from the Latin "salvare". "Species officinalis" in species name means "medicinal". There are other golden sage ('Icterina') and trichromatic sage ('Tricolor') for varieties.
Common Sage, Scientific name: Salvia officinalis 'Purpurascens', also known as: Common Sage, Yakyou Salvia (medicinal salvia), Salvia officinalis, Puru Plusense, Classification name: Plant kingdom angiospermium dicot leaf Plant rope Perciformes Family Family Achigiri genus Age species, plant length: 50 to 70 cm, leaf shape: oblong, flowering period: May to July.