- Flower nameSaponaria officinalis
- Scientific nameSaponaria officinalis
- AliasSaponaria, ソープワート, Soapwort, Saponaria, サポナリア, シャポンソウ
- Place of originEurope to Central Asia
- Place of floweringGarden
- Flowering seasonMay, June, July, August
What is Saponaria officinalis
Sapoaria officialis , commonly called Soapwort , is a non-hardy perennial herb of the Saponaria genus , Caryophyllaceae department native from Europe to Central Asia. 5 petaled flower on white or light pink blooms in the summer. In the old days was used as a soap. Root contains saponins, and cut phlegm cough medicines are known.
Common name:Saponaria officinalis ,scientific name:Saponaria officinalis, also known as: Soapwort , origin: European-Central Asia, height: 30-90 cm, flowering period: May - August, flower color: light pink, peach, white, flower diameter: 2-3 cm.