- Flower nameHachijo Kibushi
- Scientific nameStachyurus praecox var. matsuzakii
- Aliasナンバンキブシ, 八丈木五倍子, 南蛮木五倍子
- Place of origin
- Place of floweringSeashore, Specific area
- Flowering seasonMarch, April
What is Hachijo Kibushi
Hachijo kibushi (scientific name: Stachyurus praecox var. Matsuzakii) is a fallen leaf shrub "Kibushi" of the family stachyuraceae that grows on the Izu ilands such as Hachijojima Iland. In the spring, before the leaves come out, it stretches inflorescences and weep a lot of yellow small spindle-shaped four-valve flowers. It has larger Inflorescence and leaves than Kibushi which can be see normally.
Common name: Hachijo Kibushi, Scientific name: Stachyurus praecox var. Matsuzakii, Living type: Shrub, Tree height: 300 to 500 cm, flowering period: March to April, flower color: yellow, flower diameter: 1 cm.