- Flower namePalmate maple
- Scientific nameAcer palmatum
- AliasJapanese Maple, モミジ, 紅葉, いろは紅葉, イロハカエデ, palmate maple, momiji, Acer palmatum, Maple
- Place of originEast Asia such as Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China,eastern Mongolia
- Place of floweringGarden, Botanical Gardens, Low mountains, Cemetery & Temple, Park, Horticultural species, Bonsai, Ornamental plants, Hakone
- Flowering seasonApril, May
What is Palmate maple
Palmate maple (scientific name:Acer palmatum) is a deciduous tree reaching heights of 6 to 15 m of the genius acer native to East Asia such as Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China,eastern Mongolia. Autumn colored leaves are beautiful. The leaves is divided in 5 with palm form (in 5-9 an incision), include harsh heavy serrated leaf edge. The flowers are not outstanding small. Leaves change depending on the time from green, yellow, red. Park trees, trees, bonsai planting. ves. It is made planting for a park tree and a garden tree, bonsais.
Generic name: Palmate maple, scientific name: Acer palmatum, Other name: Japanese maple,momiji, origin: East Asia such as Korea, Taiwan, China,eastern Mongolia, Japan, environment:field and low mountain, tree height: 10-15 m, ornamental period: April-November, leaf colors: red, purple, green, leaf margin: heavy serrated, ending that leaves: October-December, Monoecious and flower size: 0.5 cm, Number of petals: 5 photos, flower colors: dark purple, petals number five, flowering time: April-May, fruit: Samara, breeding: reproductive.