- Flower namePeacock flower
- Scientific nameCaesalpinia pulcherrima
- AliasPride of Barbados, ヒメホウオウボク, Poinciana, Peacock Flower, 黄紅蝶, オオゴチョウ, Dwarf Poinciana, ポインシアナ, オウコチョウ, 姫鳳凰木, Caesalpinia, pulcherrima
- Place of originCentral America Caribbean and West Indies
- Place of floweringFields and footpaths
- Flowering seasonJune, July, August, September, October
- Language of flowersSimplified
What is Peacock flower
Peacock Flower (scientific name: Caesalpinia pulcherrima) is native to the West Indies to Mexico and is a tropical evergreen small tree of the family Caesalpiniaceae. Brilliant red orange flowers and yellow double ring flowers bloom in conical inflorescence. From the center of the petal, make a long red stamen protrude. In Okinawa, it is designated as a prefectural flower called Samsung flower along with Ixora chinensi, Erythrina variegata (Deigo). There are Royal Poinciana in the three largest flower trees in the world, whereas this species of shrub is also referred to as a fly-eyebrow (Princess Phoenix woman). The flower language is "simple".
Generic name: Peacock Flower, scientific name: Caesalpinia pulcherrima, a.k.a: pride of Barbados, Pride of Barbados, Dwarf Poinciana, Barbados-pride, Origin: West Indies, Mexico, life type: tropical Evergreen small trees, height: 2-5 m, branches: spine of the leaf: 2 times pinnately compound leaves, small leaf shape: oval-shaped-long elliptical oval, leaf lamina length:1 to 1.5 cm, leaf width:0.8 - 1 cm, left-right asymmetric flowers, flowers: panicles, Corolla: Butterfly-shaped, flower: red-orange, yellow, flower diameter: 4-5 cm, flowering time: June-October, fruit types: bean fruits, fruit length: 10 cm And like uses: potted plants, Garden, note: sunshine and high water, enjoy the flowers.