- Flower nameGolden threadleaf sawara cypress
- Scientific nameChamaecyparis pisifera cv. plumosa aurea
- Aliasニッコウヒバ, オウゴンシノブヒバ, Golden threadleaf sawara cypress, 蛍檜葉, 黄金忍檜葉, 日光檜葉
- Place of origindwarfing horticultural variety
- Place of floweringGarden, Park
- Flowering seasonMay
What is Golden threadleaf sawara cypress
Golden threadleaf sawara cypress , or Hotaru hiba (scientific name: Chamaecyparis pisifera cv. Plumosa Aurea) is a dwarfing horticultural variety of the evergreen tall tree "Sawara cypress (Chamaecyparis pisifera)" in the Cupressaceae family native to Japan. The leaves are dense, and the sprouts that attach to the leaf tips in summer are golden and look like spots. The leaves are green in the sun, but they become golden in winter. There are white pores in the back. The flowers come in spring. It is used for garden trees, hedges and park trees.