- Flower nameReindeer lichen
- Scientific nameCladonia rangiferina
- Aliasreindeer lichen, grey reindeer lichen
- Place of originthe tundra
- Place of floweringSpecific area
- Flowering season
What is Reindeer lichen
Cladonia rangiferina, or reindeer lichen (scientific name: Cladonia rangiferina) is a lichen belonging to the family Cladoniaceae, which is mainly found in the tundra. Divide into 3 to 4 branches at the branch point to form a lump of up to 10 cm. Thick branches are about 1 to 1.5 mm. The branches are white or gray. It is covered with loose mycelium instead of the epidermis. The English name is "reindeer" like reindeer lichen and is the food for reindeer.
Common name: Cladonia rangiferina, reindeer lichen or Hanago, Scientific name: Cladonia rangiferina, aka: reindeer lichen, gray reindeer lichen.