- Flower namecunonia purpurea
- Scientific namecunonia purpurea
- Aliascunonia purpurea
- Place of originendemic to New Caledonia
- Place of floweringWetlands, Botanical Gardens, Overseas, Subtropical region, Specific area
- Flowering seasonFebruary, March, April, May
What is cunonia purpurea
The cunonia purpurea (scientific name: cunonia purpurea), endemic to New Caledonia, is a small shrub of the family Cunoniaceae. It grows naturally in marshes and forests along streams and rivers in the lowlands of southern Grand Terre (IleOuen to Port-Bouquet) in New Caledonia.
Common name: cunonia purpurea, scientific name: cunonia purpurea, origin: endemic to New Caledonia, inflorescence: opposite, flower color: white, red, green, fruit type: capsular, seeds: winged.